First of all Merry Christmas! I thought today was the perfect opportunity to reflect on my bookish year. The End of Year Book Survey is hosted by Perpetual Page Turner. It’s in its 6th year, but this is my first time participating. Last year I read 42 (?) books. This year I have read over 100 (!) With those numbers in mind I definitely have some bookish things to wrap up, so let’s get to it.
Number Of Books You Read: 109
Number of Re-Reads: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: YA contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
The Giver by Lois Lowry
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Every Day by David Levithan
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Saga Volumes 1-5 by Brain K Vaughan, Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Ok so the best starter is easy, Harry Potter (yes I finally started reading this series this year!), best sequel was Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi, and the best series ender I’ve only read a couple and I can’t say any of them have been my favorite, but if I had to choose I would pick P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Veronica Rossi, Lois Lowry, Rachel Rawlings
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t usually read a lot of adult fiction, but I read and enjoyed Dietland by Sarai Walker a bunch.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Giver by Lois Lowry
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
First & Then by Emma Mills
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Baz from Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
You by Caroline Kepnes (thought-provoking)
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“She’d been seeking the comfort of a place. Of walls. A roof. A pillow to rest her head on. Now she realized that the people she loved were what gave her life shape, and comfort, and meaning. Perry and Roar were home.”
—Veronica Rossi, Through the Ever Night
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
Longest: Winter by Marissa Meyer
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Max & Paige from The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Perry and Roar from the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Cress by Marissa Meyer
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 that You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Max Watson from The Start of Me & You by Emery Lord
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Adhieh
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Harry Potter, but to pick something maybe not as obvious I’ll go with Saga by Brain K Vaughn
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Drama by Raina Telgemeier
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Every Day by David Levithan
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
You by Caroline Kepnes
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
It’s hard to pick a favorite review because I truly put my all into each review – thoughts, GIFs, trailers, pics, playlists, etc. But I thought my review of The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle was pretty good.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Surpassing my reading goal.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Blogging – finding my voice, consistancy
Reading Life – learning that it’s ok to DNF
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My Gift Guides and my review of Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my Goodreads goal!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Ugh so many! I can’t choose just one.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
After the Woods by Kim Savage (total cover crush!)
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Network & grow my blog. This past year BookTube was really my focus, but towards the later part of the year my blog really became a savior of sorts for me. It needed some love and I hope it is evident that I gave it some.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I have not received any 2016 ARC’s so nothing to recommend yet 🙂