10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: 10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me (a new book from a certain author, a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely #librarygoals, a character to come to life, to met a certain author etc. etc.) YOU DREAM IT AND THE BOOKISH GENIE CAN DO IT.
A new book from a certain author:
- J.K. Rowling – I think we’d all like more books set in the wizarding world of Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, Harry Potter
- Morgan Matson – contemporary is my jam and Morgan Matson is the queen of contemporary. I need a new book from her every month.
- To read quicker. I think it goes without saying, but I would definitely like to be able to read more books. There’s never enough time.
- To know instantly the inspiration behind certain scenes, characters, or settings. This might spoil some of the fun, but I found it quite interesting interacting with an author while reading her first book and finding out where she got her inspiration. Since it’s a superpower this power can be channeled meaning it doesn’t instantly happen, just when you want it to.
#librarygoals: It’s so hard to choose just 2 in this category, but I do so enjoy all libraries from clean and simplistic to Ivy League, dark wood, and ladders.
Characters to come to life:
- Sloane from Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – I relate to this character so much. Her style, presence and attitude make me believe we would easily be friends.
- The trio (Harry, Hermione, and Ron) from the Harry Potter series – Yes, they “came alive” in the movies, but seriously though can’t I be the 4th?!
Authors I would like to meet:
- Rainbow Rowell – I absolutely love all her books, she seems so nice, and I think we would have good conversation.
- Veronica Rossi – Maybe I could convince her to write more books, plus I used some quotes from the Under the Never Sky trilogy in my wedding vows (with her permission). It would have been lovely to have her attend my wedding.